When Mother Nature shaped Iceland, she was in a mood, mustering all her forces to form this chaotic landscape; wind, fire and water orchestrating creation. Mountains of green carved by streams of white forming miles after miles of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world. Volcanoes in a never-ending mission of creation, glaciers of blue carving majestic peaks at will and black beaches lined up with diamonds in the rough shaped by angry seas.
You will have in-field coaching to make sure you get the best rendition of the moment evolving in front of you. The roads through the Highlands are only opened from mid June to mid September hiding for most of the year the jewels of its volcanic center.
Hotel accommodations for
All inland transportation
*Price is per person, single occupancy.
Airfare from/to your home cities, hotel transfer from/to airport, meals not listed above, alcohol, personal expenses, visas if required are not included.
A deposit of $ 500 is required to reserve your space.
This workshop is limited to 12 participants
Reykjavik to Myvatn
Welcome to Iceland. After landing in Keflavik International Airport, we will start our drive north towards Lake Myvatn, epicenter of Iceland’s thermal activity. On our way we spend time exploring and photographing the magnificent Kolugljufur Canyon, home of the stunning Kolufossar Falls.
Night: Lake Myvatn
Rise and shine, off to Detifoss, Europe’s most powerful waterfall, 100 meter wide and 45 meters deep. After a short hike you will be able to capture amazing imagery of this wall off water. Next stop is the Hverir thermal area, where boiling mud pots and steam vents thrive. Colors galore on this Icelandic representation of hell. After a short drive we climb the Viti crater with its stunning turquoise lake in its bottom.
Night: Lake Myvatn
Lake Myvatn- Fjallabak Nature Reserve
We welcome a brand new day at Godafoss one of the most beautiful waterfall in all of Iceland. This is a site that yields many images as you can photograph from different angles. From there we will drive up the Bárðardalur valley to the majestic waterfall Aldeyjarfoss, one of Iceland’s most photogenic waterfalls. It is time to head deep into the highlands and cross this magnificent paradise decorated with volcanoes and glaciers.
Night at Haland
Þjórsádalur Valley- Fjallabak Nature Reserve
Welcome to WATERFALL DAY. Our first stop of this “day of falls” is Háifoss situated near the volcano Hekla. The river Fossá, drops here from a height of 122 m. This is the third highest waterfall of the island and a heaven for pictures. Next stop is the valley of Gjáin with its small waterfalls, ponds and volcanic structures. This waterfall playground’ will yield images on every corner. Moving on to Hjalparfoss a unique double waterfall that joins at its base into a very large plunge pool surrounded by some rugged lava formations. Fields of Lupines besiege the waterfall. Our last stop for the day is Sigoldufoss with its beautiful turquoise water.
Night at Haland
Fjallabak Nature Reserve
Our first stop for the day is Frostastadavatn Lake. Resting in breathtaking nature, black lava fields and colorful rhyolite mountains, its turquoise waters make for an excellent foreground to the dramatic mountains in the background.
Next stop is Landmannalaugar, a truly rare area, both geologically and aesthetically. Landmannalaugar itself is made up of windswept rhyolite mountains, a rock type that creates a full spectrum of dazzling colors on the mountainside. Shades of red, pink, green and golden yellow change their tone as the sun moves, creating an area of wilderness that resembles no place else on earth. Here we hike the Green Canyon and the lava fields to photographs scenes out of a fairytale book. On the way back we stop at Ljótipollur Crater, formed in 1477 and now filled with a cobalt-blue deep water.
First thing in the morning we start our migration to the south coast. Our first stop is Eldgjá Canyon. Eldgjá is the largest volcanic canyon in the world, measuring 270 meters-deep and 600 meters-wide at its largest point. A beautiful waterfall, Ofaerufoss in the river Ofaerua falls into in the canyon. Next stop is Langisjór Lake, situated far from civilization at the southwestern border of Vatnajökull, its many shores provide views that are breathtaking.
Night at Kirkjubæjarklaustur
Time to hit the “lava”. The road to Laki is a rough mountain road crossing un-bridged rivers providing breathtaking views at every turn. Lakagígar is a series of craters that were formed in one of the world’s largest mixed eruptions in recorded history. Here we hike inside some of the craters and photograph this unique landscape of miles and miles of moss-covered lava fields. On our way back a quick stop to photograph Fagrifoss, meaning “Beautiful Waterfall” . This a magnificent waterfall which certainly lives up to its name.
Night at Kirkjubæjarklaustur
Vatnajokull National Park
We start our day with an easy hike on Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon, a must see for this magical country!. This canyon is one of those places in Iceland that you don’t find in any of the brochures. The mossy floor holds trails that seemingly lead into an abyss where the blue waters with the occasional waterfall make you feel like you are surrounded by fairies and trolls.
Next we travel to the Vatnajokull Glacier, Europe’s largest glacier and a national park. On our way we hike and photograph Svínafellsjökull a breathtaking outlet glacier of the Vatnajökull glacier and with scenery and views that are simply stunning. We finish the day photographing sunset at Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon. This is a great location for us to capture the phenomenal huge icebergs that float on the lagoon in a constant ballet of movement and amazing light. A quick trip across the street takes us to the world famous “Diamond Beach” where some of the icebergs come on shore. The stark contrast of the white and blue ice and the black sand sets the stage for some unique imagery. The constant pounding of the waves provides the perfect opportunity of slow shutter speed photos to capture the movement.
Vatnajokull National Park
Moving on in our exploration of the deep south we travel to Stokksness where you will be able to shoot wonderful reflection of Vestrahorn mountain on the wet black sand.
After that we photograph the Fjallsarlon Glacial Lagoon with the magnificent Fjallsjökull glacier as a background. One more shoot at Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon and Diamond Beach to get these wonders under a different light.
Keflavik International Airport
Time to head back home, we embark on hour six-hour drive back to the Keflavik Airport
Clients may pay for the workshop directly online or by check.
If the client chooses to pay by check, the check is to make payable to
Raul Touzon and mailed to the following address:
10710 NW 66st
Doral, FL 33178 USA
Once you sign up, we will gladly provide you with the detailed itinerary!
Client’s participation in the workshop is not guaranteed unless and until payment is received in full by raul touzon. Unless otherwise agreed below, workshops are non-transferable and non refundable.
If you cancel and the workshop is otherwise filled, we will refund you the full amount you have paid towards the tuition, minus a $250 service charge. If you cancel, you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the worksho
- If requested more than 60 days from the start date of the workshop: full refund minus $250 fee.
- 31 days – 60 days: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days: no refund
- Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made.
- Refunds will be initiated within 72 hours of the time that the request is approved.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Photography workshop policies and general liability waiver
Please read the following document carefully. Each individual participating in a photography workshop conducted by Raul Touzon Photography must submit a signed copy of this form as part the registration process.
Participants under 18 years of age must also include the signature of a parent or guardian.
“The photographer” shall mean the organizer known as “Raul Touzon Photography”.
“The client(s)” shall be those who attend the workshop.
The information presented in this contract cannot be altered in any way by the client(s) unless such conditions are expressly agreed upon by Raul Touzon Photography and provided in writing prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- Health & safety: I am aware that the courses and activities related to the workshop in which I am participating present certain risks including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property, and other safety-related dangers. I further understand that these outdoor photography courses in certain instances present inherent risks of personal injury or sickness, such as falling, falling rocks, getting lost, traveling in rough terrain, forces of nature such as lightning strikes, wild animals, absence of prompt medical attention, if needed, and travel by automobile or other conveyance. I understand these risks, recognize that these dangers cannot be eliminated, and acknowledge other dangers not mentioned may also exist. I understand the physical requirements of participation in these activities and affirm I meet these requirements, and that my physical and mental health is good, and that I am not under a doctor’s care for any condition that might endanger other participants or me. I understand that instructors may not possess the required training or equipment to handle incidents that may occur. In case of injury, accident, illness, or my inability to complete these activities, I will bear the full cost of any additional transportation or evacuation procedures performed by Raul Touzon Photography, its instructors or the national park services.
- Copyright & license: all photographs created by the client during the workshop remain the intellectual property of the client. The client retains full copyright of these images. Client images may be used to promote future workshops without compensation to Raul Touzon Photography or the client.
- Prices: prices for the workshops are available online and are non-negotiable. Amenities may vary for individual work- shops and it is the client’s responsibility to read the course details carefully. Airfare is not included in the workshop fees.
- Payments: you can make payments directly online or by check. We cannot guarantee your placement in a workshop unless we receive full payment. Unless specified, workshops are non-transferable.
- Refunds/cancellation by the client(s):
Cancellations will receive 100% refund minus a cancellation administration fee of $ 250.
Cancellations made within 31 days to 60 days prior to the start of workshop dates, are entitled to a 50% refund based on the full tuition fee of the workshop.
Cancellations made within a 30 days period prior to the start of a workshop will not be entitled to a refund.
In the unlikely event a workshop cannot be conducted for reasons defined in item (6), the client will receive a 100% refund, or the choice of an alternative workshop of equal value. No further compensation is required.
- Refunds/cancellation by Raul Touzon Photography due to an insufficient number of participants: if insufficient bookings are made, Raul Touzon Photography reserves the right to cancel or postpone a workshop. Notice will be given to the client no less than 10 days prior to the workshop date. In this circumstance an alternate workshop of equal value, or 100% refund be offered to the client.
Force majeure: (typically, force majeure clauses cover natural disasters or other “acts of god”, or the failure of third-parties such as suppliers and subcontractors to perform their obligations to the contracting party.)
The due performance of the contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by Raul Touzon Photography owing to any cause beyond their reasonable control (e.g. sudden illness/injury/victim of crime).
Raul Touzon Photography may substitute another photographer in the event that the assigned instructor is unable to attend the workshop due to such factors. However, it may prove difficult or impossible to find a skilled replacement at short notice. As explained in item (6), 100% refund, or an alternate course will be offered if no workshop can be performed.
- Valuables: all valuables belonging to the client including camera equipment are the clients’ responsibility. Raul Touzon Photography and its instructors cannot be held liable for any lost or damaged equipment (camera or other) while participating in a workshop.
- Complaints: any complaints regarding the workshop or its instructors must be made in writing within seven days of the workshop. All complaints will be taken seriously and acted upon accordingly.
- Logistics and accomodation: whenever possible, our trip participants are lodged in comfortable, modern hotels. We select among the best available accommodations, but refrain from extravagance. Some interesting photographic destinations are far removed from modern amenities.
- Our itinerary is intended as an example only. Participants should allow for flexibility due to changes in weather, natural history or cultural events, or other logistical arrangements deemed necessary by tour leader.
- Governing law: the laws of the state of Montana shall govern this agreement. Any notices required or permitted under this agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed given if (I) delivered in person, (ii) sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, with proper postage affixed, or (iii) sent by overnight mail service with confirmation of delivery. In the case of (I), notice shall be deemed effective upon delivery; in the case of (ii) and (iii), notice shall be deemed effective upon confirmation of receipt or delivery.
- Concealed weapons: in February 2010 the federal government lifted the ban on loaded and concealed weapons in our national parks. While we respect the rights of those who wish to carry firearms, Wild West photos will not allow individuals who participate in our workshops to carry firearms of any kind. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy please contact us by phone or email prior to registration.
- Participation: I certify that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and assume all risks, consequences, and potential liability for this participation. I hereby release Raul Touzon Photography, its instructors, any landowner, employee of the landowner in which we hold the workshop, the us forest service, the national park service, and other land managers where these activities occur from any and all liability claims, causes of action, debts, and demands that may arise as a result of my participation in these activities. This document shall also serve as a release and assumption of risk for my heirs, personal representatives, executors, administrators, and members of my family. Raul Touzon Photography reserves the right to cancel or change activities without prior notice, and reserves the right to cancel the registration of any participant it determines fails to meet the requirements of these activities.
- Responsibility: Raul Touzon Photography act only as agents for the passenger in regards to travel including, but not limited to, sightseeing, meals, lodging, transportation, and all other services whether by railroad, motorcar, motor coach, boat, ship or aircraft and they assume no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or for any reason whatsoever, or through the acts or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in carrying out the arrangements of the trip.
They can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine or other causes. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the passenger, as trip fees provided are for arrangements only for the times and locations stated. Baggage is at the owner’s risk entirely.
Signature of participant: ______________________________________________________
Print name: ______________________________________________________
As a parent or guardian of the participant indicated above, I acknowledge reading this form and agree to all the provisions above. In addition to the above release and assumption of risk, I also give my permission for instructors, staff, volunteers, and emergency personnel to make necessary first aid decisions in the event of an accident, injury, or illness to the above named participant.
Signature of parent/guardian: ______________________________________________________
Print name: ______________________________________________________