This photography expedition is a deep exploration of this otherworldly expanse that takes us to one of the most remote places on the planet where few image-makers have ventured. We travel at the end of summer to take advantage of the water-laden salt flats, optimal for photographs of stunning reflections. Our journey takes us through countless lagoons, volcanoes, dramatic desert scenery and magnificent displays of wildlife.
There is no way of describing the beauty of these vast expanses. Glaciers of green grass flow from the most barren of lands, strings of dormant volcanoes robed in endless color adorn the horizon, lakes of red flourish as thousands of flamingos paint the water with brushes of pink, endless meadows of Llamas come alive and mirrors of magnificence reflect the vastness of the sky. This is a timeless land where the sounds of ancient flutes and the whispers of Quechua reveal secrets of beauty.
The remoteness of this area makes it one of the premier locations for astrophotography, a key component of this voyage. This is by far the most complex journey we have ever developed. As with all our trips, it has been custom designed to provide you with the ultimate photo exploration of the region as well with the maximum comfort possible within the limitations of this territory. We are proud to provide the VERY BEST experience available in the market.
This is not a journey for the faint of heart this is trip for serious image seekers who are willing to face adventure, high altitude, dramatic weather and exciting drives on rough terrain.Private vehicles and guides give us the flexibility of reaching areas few people are able to access and of stopping for unique photo opportunities.
9 nights of single accommodations
Airport transfers, air and land (4×4 vehicles) transportation within Bolivia
Price is per person Single Occupancy
Airfare from/to your home cities, meals not listed above, alcohol, personal expenses, tips, visas if required are not included.
A deposit of $ 500 is required to reserve your space.
This workshop is limited to 8 participants.
Arrive early into La Paz, the highest administrative capital in the world resting on the Andes’ Altiplano plateau at more than 3,500m above sea level. We then transfer from the airport to the hotel where you will get some rest and get acclimated to life in the clouds. In the afternoon, enjoy a city tour of this centuries old city. Upon return, we meet to go over the schedule, operational details and a welcome dinner.
“La Casona” Hotel
After breakfast, we depart for the airport for our transfer to the town of Uyuni. Uyuni occupies a desolate corner of South Western Bolivia, standing in defiance of the desert-like landscape that surrounds it. After lunch we depart for a shoot of local residents in traditional dresses posing for us among abandoned trains in the Pulacayo mine. After the group dinner we depart for the Train Cemetery for some light painting and astrophotography exercises.
“Magia de Uyuni” Hostel
Early breakfast before departing for Mallku Villa Mar. In-route, we explore San Cristobal and The Valley of the Rocks. After a quick stop for lunch we proceed to Mallku Villa Mar for an afternoon of shooting. After arriving at our hotel and enjoying a regional dinner with music from a local children’s group, we photograph them under the star-studded sky.
“Jardines de Mallku” Hotel
At the break of dawn, we depart for Laguna Colorada to capture the magnificent landscapes surrounding the lagoon. This is a prime location to photograph wildlife and for those into drones, the aerial views are magnificent. At night, we will have dinner in our accommodations
“Luna Dorada” Ecological Refuge” Rooms must be shared/ two people per room
Our day begins photographing the Milky Way at the geysers and fumaroles before proceeding to the desert. After a quick stop for breakfast at the Polques Lagoon, we proceed to the Salvador Daly desert, where we photograph during the afternoon before continuing to Quetena where we spend the night; on the way we photograph several amazing “Bofedales” (wetlands).
“Uturunku” Ecological Refuge” Rooms must be shared/ two people per room
After breakfast, we photograph the west side of Laguna Colorada and its magnificent colonies of Flamingos. Beautiful scenery unfolds as we venture into the Siloli Desert, where we have a quick lunch, before continuing our photographic exploration of the region.
“ Tayka Hotel del Desierto” Hotel
Rise and shine for breakfast and an early departure to the Honda and Hedionda lagoons where you will have the opportunity to photograph flamingos, geese, foxes and other endemic species of the region. After a quick lunch, we continue our journey to Uyuni where we will spend the night. Just before sunset we venture into the salt flats for an afternoon of breathtaking image making.
“Magia de Uyuni” Hostel
In the early morning hours we venture into the salt flats to photograph the Milky Way followed by the majestic sunrise. After a quick breakfast we continue to explore and photograph the salt flats. We then travel to Inka Huasi Island where we will have lunch before continuing to Thaua. In the afternoon we photograph the magnificent sunset over the water-filled flats. At night, we have our last astrophotography session.
“Tayka Hotel de la Sal” Hotel
At dawn, we photograph the sunrise over the salt flats at Inka Huasi before crossing the salt flat to Uyuni to take our flight back to La Paz.
Flight from Uyuni departs at 20:40 arrives 21:40
Early morning breakfast and transfer to the airport
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
- GEAR LIST
- DETAILED ITINERARY
- ABOUT YOUR TRIP
- CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Page 4
Clients may pay for the workshop directly online or by check.
If the client chooses to pay by check, click here to get more information.
Once you sign up, we will gladly provide you with the detailed itinerary!
Client’s participation in the workshop is not guaranteed unless and until payment is received in full by Raul Touzon. Unless otherwise agreed below, workshops are non-transferable and non refundable.
If you cancel, you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the workshop.
- If requested more than 60 days from the start date of the workshop: full refund minus $250 fee.
- 31 days – 60 days: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days: no refund
- Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made.
- Refunds will be initiated within 72 hours of the time that the request is approved.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Photography workshop policies and general liability waiver
Please read the following document carefully. Each individual participating in a photography workshop conducted by Raul Touzon Photography must submit a signed copy of this form as part the registration process.
Participants under 18 years of age must also include the signature of a parent or guardian.
“The photographer” shall mean the organizer known as “Raul Touzon Photography”.
“The client(s)” shall be those who attend the workshop.
The information presented in this contract cannot be altered in any way by the client(s) unless such conditions are expressly agreed upon by Raul Touzon Photography and provided in writing prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- Health & safety: I am aware that the courses and activities related to the workshop in which I am participating present certain risks including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, illness, loss or damage to personal property, and other safety-related dangers. I further understand that these outdoor photography courses in certain instances present inherent risks of personal injury or sickness, such as falling, falling rocks, getting lost, traveling in rough terrain, forces of nature such as lightning strikes, wild animals, absence of prompt medical attention, if needed, and travel by automobile or other conveyance. I understand these risks, recognize that these dangers cannot be eliminated, and acknowledge other dangers not mentioned may also exist. I understand the physical requirements of participation in these activities and affirm I meet these requirements, and that my physical and mental health is good, and that I am not under a doctor’s care for any condition that might endanger other participants or me. I understand that instructors may not possess the required training or equipment to handle incidents that may occur. In case of injury, accident, illness, or my inability to complete these activities, I will bear the full cost of any additional transportation or evacuation procedures performed by Raul Touzon Photography, its instructors or the national park services.
- Copyright & license: all photographs created by the client during the workshop remain the intellectual property of the client. The client retains full copyright of these images. Client images may be used to promote future workshops without compensation to Raul Touzon Photography or the client.
- Prices: prices for the workshops are available online and are non-negotiable. Amenities may vary for individual work- shops and it is the client’s responsibility to read the course details carefully. Airfare is not included in the workshop fees.
- Payments: you can make payments directly online or by check. We cannot guarantee your placement in a workshop unless we receive full payment. Unless specified, workshops are non-transferable.
- Refunds/cancellation by the client(s):
Cancellations will receive 100% refund minus a cancellation administration fee of $ 250.
Cancellations made within 31 days to 60 days prior to the start of workshop dates, are entitled to a 50% refund based on the full tuition fee of the workshop.
Cancellations made within a 30 days period prior to the start of a workshop will not be entitled to a refund.
In the unlikely event a workshop cannot be conducted for reasons defined in item (6), the client will receive a 100% refund, or the choice of an alternative workshop of equal value. No further compensation is required.
- Refunds/cancellation by Raul Touzon Photography due to an insufficient number of participants: if insufficient bookings are made, Raul Touzon Photography reserves the right to cancel or postpone a workshop. Notice will be given to the client no less than 10 days prior to the workshop date. In this circumstance an alternate workshop of equal value, or 100% refund be offered to the client.
Force majeure: (typically, force majeure clauses cover natural disasters or other “acts of god”, or the failure of third-parties such as suppliers and subcontractors to perform their obligations to the contracting party.)
The due performance of the contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by Raul Touzon Photography owing to any cause beyond their reasonable control (e.g. sudden illness/injury/victim of crime).
Raul Touzon Photography may substitute another photographer in the event that the assigned instructor is unable to attend the workshop due to such factors. However, it may prove difficult or impossible to find a skilled replacement at short notice. As explained in item (6), 100% refund, or an alternate course will be offered if no workshop can be performed.
- Valuables: all valuables belonging to the client including camera equipment are the clients’ responsibility. Raul Touzon Photography and its instructors cannot be held liable for any lost or damaged equipment (camera or other) while participating in a workshop.
- Complaints: any complaints regarding the workshop or its instructors must be made in writing within seven days of the workshop. All complaints will be taken seriously and acted upon accordingly.
- Logistics and accomodation: whenever possible, our trip participants are lodged in comfortable, modern hotels. We select among the best available accommodations, but refrain from extravagance. Some interesting photographic destinations are far removed from modern amenities.
- Our itinerary is intended as an example only. Participants should allow for flexibility due to changes in weather, natural history or cultural events, or other logistical arrangements deemed necessary by tour leader.
- Governing law: the laws of the state of Montana shall govern this agreement. Any notices required or permitted under this agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed given if (I) delivered in person, (ii) sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, with proper postage affixed, or (iii) sent by overnight mail service with confirmation of delivery. In the case of (I), notice shall be deemed effective upon delivery; in the case of (ii) and (iii), notice shall be deemed effective upon confirmation of receipt or delivery.
- Concealed weapons: in February 2010 the federal government lifted the ban on loaded and concealed weapons in our national parks. While we respect the rights of those who wish to carry firearms, Wild West photos will not allow individuals who participate in our workshops to carry firearms of any kind. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy please contact us by phone or email prior to registration.
- Participation: I certify that I am voluntarily participating in these activities and assume all risks, consequences, and potential liability for this participation. I hereby release Raul Touzon Photography, its instructors, any landowner, employee of the landowner in which we hold the workshop, the us forest service, the national park service, and other land managers where these activities occur from any and all liability claims, causes of action, debts, and demands that may arise as a result of my participation in these activities. This document shall also serve as a release and assumption of risk for my heirs, personal representatives, executors, administrators, and members of my family. Raul Touzon Photography reserves the right to cancel or change activities without prior notice, and reserves the right to cancel the registration of any participant it determines fails to meet the requirements of these activities.
- Responsibility: Raul Touzon Photography act only as agents for the passenger in regards to travel including, but not limited to, sightseeing, meals, lodging, transportation, and all other services whether by railroad, motorcar, motor coach, boat, ship or aircraft and they assume no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or for any reason whatsoever, or through the acts or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in carrying out the arrangements of the trip.
They can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine or other causes. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the passenger, as trip fees provided are for arrangements only for the times and locations stated. Baggage is at the owner’s risk entirely.
Signature of participant: ______________________________________________________
Print name: ______________________________________________________
As a parent or guardian of the participant indicated above, I acknowledge reading this form and agree to all the provisions above. In addition to the above release and assumption of risk, I also give my permission for instructors, staff, volunteers, and emergency personnel to make necessary first aid decisions in the event of an accident, injury, or illness to the above named participant.
Signature of parent/guardian: ______________________________________________________
Print name: ______________________________________________________